Thursday June 14, 2018 6:00 p.m.
Superintendent: Doug and Beth Coyle
1. Exhibitors must abide by General Rules for the Fair & National Code of Show Ring Ethics.
2. All animals must be on the Fairgrounds by 5:00 p.m.
3. All youth classes will follow the KDA, Div. Shows & Fair Promotion, 2015 Youth Sheep
Shows Rules and Regulations.
4. Lambs cannot be shown in both breed class and market class.
5. Premiums: $10-$7- $5-$3- $1-$1- $1-$1- $1-$1
6. Novice 8 years old or younger as of January 1, 2016. No premiums will be paid.
7. Weigh in begins at 5:00 pm and show starts at 6:00 pm
8. The Boyle County Investment In Youth Sale Committee will be conducting a Jackpot Show
in conjunction with the Boyle County Fair Swine, Goat, Sheep and Beef Shows.
There will be a separate jackpot for market animals and breeding females.
Entry fee is $25. Winner of the Jackpot Class will win half the entry moneys received.
Open classes (youth money will be offered to Boyle County youth only):
- Suffolk Breed
- Hampshire Breed
- Dorset Breed
- Southdown Breed
- All Other Breeds
Definition of Classes
1. Yearling Ram – one year old and under 2 years old.
2. Ram Lamb – less than 12 months old.
3. Champion Ram and Reserve Champion Ram.
4. Yearling Ewe – one year old and under 2 years old.
5. Ewe lamb – less than 12 months old.
6. Champion Ewe and Reserve Champion Ewe.
7. Pen of Two Ram Lambs
8. Pen of Two Yearling Ewes
9. Pen of Two Ewe Lambs
Youth Classes: Open to all youth currently enrolled in 4-H & FFA KUIP program.
YSS1 – Market Lamb classes: Classes will be broken by weight on the day of the show.
YSS2 – Boyle County Special Youth Market Lamb Class- open to all Boyle County novice, 4H,
and FFA members. Boyle County Youth Show Only – Champion $25.00 ; Reserve $10.00
YSS3 – Champion Market Lamb $50.00 and Reserve Champion Market Lamb $25.00.
YSS4 – Youth Showmanship.
Premiums for Junior and Senior Division: $10-$7- $5-$3- $1 for the rest of the class.
(Age Breaks: 9-12; 13-16; 17-21)
YSS6 – Novice Showmanship. (No premium, ribbon only)
YSS7 – Novice Market Class. (No premium) (8 per class) Novice may enter two lambs as long
as the lambs are KUIP tagged in the Novice's name. Novice may choose to show the 2 nd lamb in class YSS1
YSS8 – First Year Showmanship Market Class (No premium) (Exhibitor may borrow lamb to