Thursday June 15, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Superintendent: Doug and Beth Coyle
1. Exhibitors must abide by General Rules for the Fair & National Code of Show Ring Ethics.
2. All animals must be on the Fairgrounds by 5:00 p.m.
3. All youth classes will follow the KDA, Div. Shows & Fair Promotion, 2015 Youth Sheep Shows Rules and Regulations.
4. Lambs cannot be shown in both breed class and market class.
5. Premiums: $10-$7-$5-$3-$1-$1-$1-$1-$1-$1
6. Novice 8 years old or younger as of January 1, 2016. No premiums will be paid.
7. Weigh in begins at 5:00 pm and show starts at 6:00 pm
Open classes (youth money will be offered to Boyle County youth only):
- Suffolk Breed
- Hampshire Breed
- Dorset Breed
- Southdown Breed
- All Other Breeds
Definition of Classes
1. Yearling Ram – one year old and under 2 years old.
2. Ram Lamb – less than 12 months old.
3. Champion Ram and Reserve Champion Ram.
4. Yearling Ewe – one year old and under 2 years old.
5. Ewe lamb – less than 12 months old.
6. Champion Ewe and Reserve Champion Ewe.
7. Pen of Two Ram Lambs
8. Pen of Two Yearling Ewes
9. Pen of Two Ewe Lambs
Youth Classes: Open to all youth currently enrolled in 4-H & FFA KUIP program.
YSS1 – Market Lamb classes: Classes will be broken by weight on the day of the show.
YSS2 – Boyle County Special Youth Market Lamb Class- open to all Boyle County novice, 4H, and FFA members.
Boyle County Youth Show Only – Champion $25.00 ; Reserve $10.00
YSS3 – Champion Market Lamb $50.00 and Reserve Champion Market Lamb $25.00.
YSS4 – Youth Showmanship.
Premiums for Junior and Senior Division: $10-$7-$5-$3-$1 for the rest of the class.
(Age Breaks: 9-12; 13-16; 17-21)
YSS6 – Novice Showmanship. (No premium, ribbon only)
YSS7 – Novice Market Class. (No premium) (8 per class) Novice may enter two lambs as long as the lambs are KUIP tagged in the Novice's name. Novice may choose to show the 2nd lamb in class YSS1
YSS8 – First Year Showmanship Market Class (