Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Superintendents: Ray Graves & Dr. Beth Johnson
1. Exhibitors must abide by the general rules for the Fair and for livestock.
2. All animals must be on the Fairgrounds by 4:30 pm. and must remain until the entire show has been completed. Market animals must be weighed in by 5:00pm.
3. Youth classes are open to any youth currently enrolled in an approved 4-H or FFA program.
4. Goats cannot be shown in both breed class and market class.
ALL BREEDS WILL SHOW TOGETHER
GOAT YOUTH DIVISION
Youth Premiums: $10-$7-$5-$3-$1-$1-$1-$1-$1
Definition of Classes:
SHOWMANSHIP – All ages as of January 1, 2016.
Pee Wee – under 6 years of age, may be accompanied by an adult – ribbon only.
Novice – 6-8 years of age – ribbon only.
Premiums for Junior and Senior Division: $10-$7-$5-$3-$1 for the rest of the class.
Junior – 9-13 years of age
Senior – 14-19 years of age
WETHER SHOW (YOUTH ONLY) – All breeds; weigh in at 5:00 pm on show day.
Wether classes broken by weight determined by the superintendent
Grand Champion – $50.00 Reserve Champion $25.00
Boyle County Youth Show Only – Champion $25.00 Reserve $10.00
DAIRY GOAT SHOW
Junior Doe Show
1. Doe Kid: 0-4 months of age
2. Doe Kid: 4-8 months of age
3. Doe Kid: 8-12 months of age
4. Yearling Doe (never freshened): 12-24 months of age
5. Grand and Reserve Champion Junior Dairy Doe
Senior Doe Show
1. Senior Doe in Milk: Under 24 months
2. Senior Doe: over 2 years and under 3 years of age
3. Senior Doe: over 3 years and under 5 years of age
4. Senior Doe: over 5 years of age
5. Grand and Reserve Champion Senior Doe
Best of Show – Dairy Doe
Open Wether Dam Show –
All animals will be shown by weight
Classes broken by weight
Animals do not have to be registered but should be of meat-type.
Dairy Goat and Wether Dam Show Premiums
Premiums: First – $8.00; Second – $6.00; Third – $4.00
Definition of Classes (Same as Youth Division)