General Rules & Information
2018 Boyle County Fair FLORAL HALL
All Boyle County Residents are invited to enter items in the fair!
Enter items on these 2 different dates
Enter Non-Perishable Items At This Time
Sunday, June 10, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm
Enter Perishable Items At This Time
Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:00AM-12:00PM
Pick up items from Floral Hall on
Sunday, June 17, 2018 from 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Adult/Open Division & Professional Division General Rules and Information
1. Entries are open to any Boyle County resident or Boyle County Extension Homemaker.
2. Professional work is NOT eligible for entry in Open Division. One who derives the major part of his or her income from the
type of work being exhibited is considered a professional.
3. The Boyle County Extension Office, Boyle Fair Board, Department Chairs, etc. will not be
responsible for loss or damage to exhibits or personal property of exhibitors.
4. An exhibitor is able to enter more than one item per class but may only win one ribbon in each class.
5. Items must have been completed during the past year (June 2016-June 2017), except collection division.
6. All entries should be clean.
7. All entries must be made by the exhibitor, unless specified in the division or class description.
8. No article may be exhibited with a “For Sale” tag or name of exhibitor attached.
9. Exhibits must be entered in classes designated in class description.
10. Exhibits which have been mistakenly entered in a class may be transferred to proper classes before the judging at the
discretion of the superintendent.
11. Only chairpersons, committee members and judges will be allowed in exhibit area during judging.
12. The decision of the judges is final. Any errors, discovered in the recording of awards will be corrected by judges and/or
floral hall superintendents.
13. All live floral items must be grown and potted by the exhibitor at least 2 months prior to the fair.
14. All dried arrangements must be dried and arranged by the exhibitor.
15. All items entered in competition will be displayed at the discretion of the Floral Hall committee.
16. Exhibitors must bring claim ticket (to be checked) before articles are removed only by Floral Hall staff, from Floral Hall.
17. No exhibit or part of an exhibit can be removed from Floral Hall prior to the closing of the fair.
18. Registration will not start until designated times, no early entries.
Awards for Adult/Open Division
1. A first, second, and third place winner, if merited, will be selected in each class.
2. Where there is only one entry in a class, the first prize, if merited will be awarded.
3. All blue ribbon entries in each lot will be judged against each other to determine the grand champion for the division. A grand champion ribbon and prize will be awarded in each of the following:
|1. Crafts||2. Crocheting||3. Fine Art|
|4. Antiques||5. Flowers/Floral Arrangements||6. Food Preservation|
|7. Foods||8. Fruits||9. Holiday Crafts|
|10. Home Furnishings||11. Knitting||12. Needlework|
|13. Photography||14. Plants||15. Quilting|
|16. Vegetables||17. Sewing||18. Woodworking|